Saturday, October 11, 2008

The floor is all but finished

Well, after all the ripping up of carpet, cutting of the pieces of the flooring, measuring, pounding, dust, dust and MORE dust; the floor is in! Except for the bits they had to reorder - some "quarter rounds", and some trim pieces here and there. That's all supposed to be in next week sometime.

Anyway, the floor is really beautiful! Why, oh why didn't I do this ages ago?? I spent today, and part of yesterday putting the dining room area back together. The blue plates are all rehung, I bought a corner shelfing unit, and got all the furniture moved back in. I even re-hung some pictures. The rest will come in time.

The living room is still quite bare. The sofa and love seat will be delivered on Tuesday morning. Then I can contemplate what will go into what location in the living room. I still need to find end tables and a coffee table that I like; as well as an additional lamp.

Funny thing, I said I wanted to have this done before the snow flew...it's supposed to snow (yes, here in the valley) TONIGHT!!

No comments: